Thursday, July 17, 2008

Braided Climber challenge

Right tee ho - I am back from the land of the long white cloud aka New Zealand and have drunk enough coffee and talked at my dear friend to last me for a few months at least - tee hee. So now I am home with a mountain of sewing but before I get started on that I wanted to post the results of Jenn's challenge - to find something to do with the rest of the hair after a headband with climbers hair do at the front. The fundamental problem for me was having enough energy to do anything at all with the back of the hair after completing the braided climbers at the front but I took it in stages and we got there in the end! So I started off with a varation on the climbers making them tiara style rather than fully woven. So I did one pony (red elastic) in the centre of the head then divinded it in half and braided it into two ponies either side. (green elastics) Then I braided these and brought them together in a small pony at the centre back of the head (orange elastic) . Then I did some messy criss cross ponies up the back of the head - when I say messy I mean I pulled the shorter bits of hair out of the ponies for a softer effect. So at this stage I had two piggies and one small orange pony in the middle of them. So I divided my orange pony and added half the hair into each of the piggies. And THEN I flipped each piggie under and through but only pulled it half way through rather than going for the full flip.

















You can see where the little orange pony is divided and fed into each of the piggies making a diamond shape at the top of the head.




You can see the half flip in one of the piggies here.







Ich bin wieder hier! Neu Zealand war schöööööööön. Wir haben so viel Kaffee getrunken und so viel geschwätzt. Es war richtig schön Zeit mit meiner Freundin zu verbringen und ich bin so dankbar, so einen Urlaub machen zu können. Alles war sehr last minute und deswegen irgendwie schöner! Und jetzt gehts wieder los mit dem Nähen! Heute habe ich nicht genähtes zu zeigen aber eine neue Frisur reichts oder. Diese sieht richtig komplizert aus aber so kompliziert ist die nicht aber die nimmt viel Zeit im Anspruch. Man fängt an mit 4 kleine rautenförmige geflochten Zöpfe. Und dann hinter macht man die Vorner die kreuz und quer Zöpfe. Dann, als man zwei größe Zöpfe und eine in der Mitte stehende kleinere hat. Dann teilt man die kleinere in zwei Teile und fügen sie den größeren Zöpfe hinzu. Schließlich machen mal einen halben Schnipser und fertig! Tut mir leid, wenn das ganze schwer zu verstehen ist. Mir fehlt vielleicht den richtigen Haarwortschatz. Wenn ihr Fragen habt, bitte sagt mir Bescheid und ich kann vielleicht weiter helfen!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I love that! It turned out so darling! I love your style for doing hair. And I LOVE LOVE ♥ LOVE ♥ the clothes you have your little ones dressed in. I just love your blog!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Wow, this had to have taken some major planning. Very creative and cute!

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

Very nice! Wilkommen zurueck! Ich hoffe dein Urlaub wirklich schoen war! Such cute stuff & I love the way you embellish the pictures.

Kari said...

Super cute hairstyle! I love all of the creativity! I would be pleased to have you link and I will link you! Thanks for the sweet comments!

Vanessa x said...

Hellooooo Stranger!!

I am blown away at how much your gorgeous girl has grown.... she is just so beautiful.

Hope life's treating you all well...

xxx